Monday, May 12, 2008
Medellin, Colombia
Medellin, Colombia is BEAUTIFUL!




We have been here in Medellin for about 5 days now and I have nothing bad to say about it! The 12 hour bus ride to Medellin from Cartagena was a bit long, but time surprisingly went by fast. When we arrived here we all so happy to be out of Cartagena and somewhere new in Colombia! Medellin definitely didnt let us down....its the second largest city in Colombia and is beautifully placed burried within moutnains! This city has so much life and so much to see that it makes me so so greatful that I actually took this opportunity to come to Colombia. Before my travels started I thought the only areas I was going to explore would be in Central America...I never thought I would ever visit Colombia. It has been a great ride and Medellin has been a fun place to stay and experience Colombian culture.


Our third day here the 5 of us took the metro across the city and stopped along the way at cable cars that glided up the mountains of Medellin and overlooked the huge city. The cable cars dropped us off at small villages placed in the upper area of Medellin. We sat at a tiny little cafe, drank some beers, and people watched for hours. We were so entertained by watching the people of this village walk by, being able to witness what they call "just another day". We witnessed little kids helping their parents sell fruit from the back of their cars (while the car was driving around the street these little kids were hanging out the trunk weighing fruit and selling it). I saw a young girl helping her grandmother cross the street, two little boys sharing candy and then walking away with their arms over each others shoulders, a mother and her 5 children all looking out for each other and holding hands while walking through town, an elderly man at the cafe getting his shoes cleaned by another man...both men completely laughing and having a fun conversation with one another. It was by far the best, most productive and rewarding people watching day I have ever had. The 5 of us laughed at witnessing the same things and had a great time just being in each others company in such a happy and lively little village!


Medellin has been a great place to close my Colombia travels. I feel like between Medellin and Cartagena I have seen what I want to see while still being very safe! Wednesday Jamie Carlos and I are all flying back to Costa Rica, where I will end my traveling adventure in my favorite place...Mal Pais!!


Pura Vida!


posted by Lucy @ 4:24 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Lifes A Hoot!
My Photo
Name:
Location: All Over, Costa Rica

I'm 25 and from San Clemente California. I consider myself a free spirit that loves taking risks, whether the outcome is positive or ends up a disaster, the risk is always worth it. I just recently made the decision to travel to Costa Rica for a few months and overwhelm my mind with its beautiful culture and language. I am leaving my job and taking a jump towards unpredictable, yet exciting, new experiences! I am so excited to start this new journey and know only great things will come from it!!